Ask us about training for your board members!
We offer a comprehensive, 2-hour presentation to help board members understand their fiduciary duties. It covers:
- What is a nonprofit?
- The Budget Process
- Understanding Financial Reporting
- Overview of Form 990 and Massachusetts Form PC
To contact us for more details.
We work with a lot of different nonprofit organizations including chambers of commerce, charities, educational institutions, foundations, religious organizations, and social services.
With its own special tax classification for financial reporting and tax purposes – 501(c) – today’s successful not-for-profit organization has matured from simpler business models to incorporate the modern managerial practices and efficiencies once reserved only for the most sophisticated profit-making enterprises.
At Barrett & Scibelli, we understand all the intricacies that doing business as a nonprofit entails, including transparency, financial statement preparation and presentation, revenue and expense recognition, valuation of assets, and the complexities of the annual Form 990.
Our expertise includes:
- audit, review and compilation of financial statements
- information tax return preparation
- consulting on best practices for governance, management and disclosure
- educating and training board members
- accounting and reporting for contributions and net assets
- accounting for investments
- endowment accounting and disclosures